Engine idle speed is maintained by cutting off the compressor when high power steering loads are imposed at idle. The switch is located on the pinion housing portion of the steering rack.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug the electrical connector.
- Unscrew the switch.
- Install the switch.
- Engage the electrical connector.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Tighten the cable bolt to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Allow the engine to reach normal operating temperature and confirm the proper operation of the switch.
- Reset the radio, clock and any other applicable electronic devices.