REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the temperature control assembly from the dash.
- Remove the lower instrument panel sound insulator.
- Tag and disconnect the cable(s) at the module.
- Remove the cables.
- Attach the cables in there proper locations, make sure any retaining clips are seated properly.
- Install the lower instrument panel sound insulator.
- Install the control assembly.
- Adjust the cables as needed.
- Connect the negative battery cable, tighten the cable bolt to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Reset the radio, clock and any other applicable electronic devices.
Without Sliding Clips
- Attach the cable to the control assembly.
- Place the control lever in the OFF position.
- Place the opposite loop of cable on the lever or actuator post.
- Push the sheath toward the lever until the lever or actuator seats and the lash is out of the cable and control.
- Tighten the screw to secure the cable.
- Place the control lever in the COLD position.
- Place the clip of the cable on the heater case temperature door post.
- Push the control head lever towards the HOT position, until the temperature door seats and the spring back is out of the cable and control.