The pressure cycling switch controls the refrigeration cycle by sensing low-side pressure as an indicator of evaporator temperature. The pressure cycling switch is the freeze-protection device in the system. The switch is mounted on a Schrader valve on the accumulator.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The system need not be discharged to remove the pressure cycling switch.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug the electrical connector.
- Remove the switch and O-ring seal. Discard the O-ring.
- Install a new O-ring. Lubricate with refrigerant oil.
- Install the switch to the accumulator.
- Engage the electrical connector.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Tighten the cable bolt to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Reset the radio, clock and any other applicable electronic devices.