THROTTLE VALVE (TV) CABLE
See Figure 1
- Check to see that the cable is in the full non-adjustment position.
- Without twisting or kinking the cable, insert the cable slug into the idler pulley (cam) slot.
- The accelerator cable must be installed before adjustment.
- Rotate the idler pulley (cam) in a counter clockwise direction to 65 inch lbs. (7.3 Nm).
- Check that the cable is moving freely. The cable may appear to function properly with the engine stopped or cold. Recheck after the engine is hot.
- Road test the vehicle.
- On some models you will need to lift up the locking button.
- Place the shift lever into Neutral.
- Disconnect the shift cable from the transaxle lever. Place the transaxle lever in Neutral, by moving the lever clockwise to the Low (L) detent, then counterclockwise through the Second (S) and Drive (D) detents to the Neutral detent.
- Attach and tighten the shift cable to the pin on the transaxle lever. Check the shift operation.
- On some models you will need to push down on the locking button.
Any inaccuracies in shift linkage adjustments may result in premature failure of the transaxle due to operation without the controls in full detent. Such operation results in reduced fluid pressure and in turn, partial engagement of the affected clutches. Partial engagement of the clutches, with sufficient pressure to permit apparently normal vehicle operation will result in failure of the clutches and/or other internal parts after only a few miles of operation.