REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- At the brake switch, unplug either the 2 electrical connectors or the electrical connector and the vacuum hose.
- Remove the cruise control switch and the stop lamp switch from the retainers.
- Remove the tubular retainer from the brake pedal mounting bracket.
- Install the tubular retainer to the brake pedal mounting bracket.
- Press the brake pedal, then install the cruise control and stop lamp switch into the retainer until fully seated in the clips.
- Connect the wiring and/or vacuum lines. Adjust the switch.
- Depress the brake pedal and check that the release switch is fully seated in the clips.
- Slowly pull the brake pedal back to the at-rest position. The switch and valve assembly will move within the clips to the adjusted position.
- Measure the pedal travel and check switch engagement. The electric brake release switch contacts must open within 1 / 8 - 1 / 2 in. (3-13mm) of pedal travel when measured at the centerline of the pedal pad. The brake lights should illuminate after another 3 / 16 in. (5mm) of travel. The vacuum release should engage within 5 / 8 -1 in. (16-25mm) of pedal travel.