- Disconnect the EGR valve pipe assembly from the air crossover, then remove the air crossover.
- Disconnect the throttle cable and the TV cable from the pump throttle lever.
- Loosen the vacuum regulator valve-to-injection pump bolts.
- Install tool BT-7944 or J-26701-15 to the injection pump throttle lever, then place angle gauge tool BT-7704 or J-26701 on the adapter.
It may be necessary to file the tool so that it can fit on the pump's thicker throttle lever.
- Move the throttle lever to the wide open position and set the angle gauge to 0°.
- Center the bubble in the level, then set the gauge to 49°. Rotate the throttle lever so that the bubble is centered.
- Attach a vacuum source to port A and the vacuum gauge to port B , then apply 22 in. Hg (74 kPa) vacuum to port A .
- Rotate the vacuum valve clockwise until 10.3-10.9 in. Hg (35-38 kPa) vacuum is obtained.
- Tighten the vacuum bolts, then remove the vacuum source and the gauge.
- Connect the throttle cable and the TV cables to the pump throttle lever, then remove the intake manifold screens.
- Install the air crossover and the EGR valve pipe assembly to the crossover. Tighten the bolts to 19 ft. lbs. (26 Nm).