REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Remove the air cleaner.
- Unplug the electrical connection.
- Using a 3 / 4 in. (19mm) wrench to support the inlet fitting, use a 5 / 8 in. (16mm) wrench to unscrew the inlet tube.
- Remove the outlet tube.
- Remove the dust plugs from the inlet and outlet fitting of the pump.
- Install the pump and bracket assembly onto the engine with the mounting bolts, tighten the bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Using 19 ft. lbs. (26 Nm) of torque, tighten the inlet and outlet fuel lines.
- You may need to adjust the pump location somewhat, do this by loosening the bracket screw and turning the pump to get the location needed.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- After the pump has been replaced disconnect the fuel line at the filter. Turn the ignition ON and bleed the lines. If the pump runs with a clicking sound, or air bubbles show up in the fuel, check the line for leaks. Check all connections to be sure they are dry. When the clicking noise disappears, tighten the line.