An emissions indicator flag may appear in the odometer window of the speedometer on some vehicles. The flag could say "Sensor," "Emissions" or "Catalyst" depending on the part or assembly that is scheduled for regular emissions maintenance replacement. The word "Sensor" indicates a need for oxygen sensor replacement and the words "Emissions" or "Catalyst" indicate the need for catalytic converter catalyst replacement.
- Remove the instrument panel trim plate.
- Remove the instrument cluster lens.
- Locate the flag indicator reset notches at the driver's side of the odometer.
- Use a pointed tool to apply light downward pressure on the notches, until the indicator is reset.
- When the indicator is reset an alignment mark will appear in the left center of the odometer window.