REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Factory block heaters are not installed on these models. If an aftermarket heater has been installed the following procedure will most likely work. There are two basic types, one for the oil and one for the coolant. The oil heater usually just slips into the dipstick tube or replaces the oil drain plug. The following procedure is for the coolant type.
- Remove the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the block heater in the same way as the freeze plugs. Some heater units have a bolt that must be loosened or a V-Clamp that must be removed to remove the heating element.
- Disconnect the heater connector and remove the heater element.
- Coat the new heater with sealant, then install the reverse order of removal.
- Fill the engine with coolant, connect the battery cable. Start engine and check for leaks.