See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the instrument panel insulator mounting screws enough to remove the steering column trim cover.
On some models it will be necessary to:
- Remove the ash tray, then the ash tray/fuse block assembly. Separate the fuse block and the ash tray. Push forward to access the cigarette lighter and the rear defogger switch.
- Disconnect the lighter and the defogger switch connectors.
- Remove the cigarette lighter, the glove box.
- Remove the instrument panel center trim mounting nuts and the trim panel enough to unplug the radio.
- Remove the radio mounting screws from the bracket(s), then pull the radio out enough to remove the electrical harness and the antenna lead.
- Connect the electrical harness and the antenna lead.
- Slide the radio into the mounting area, then install the radio attaching bolts to the bracket(s).
- Install the instrument cluster trim plate.
- Install the accessory trim plate.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Tighten the cable bolt to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Reset the radio, clock and any other applicable electronic devices.