REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
For vehicles with the catalytic converter included with the front pipe, see front pipe removal and installation.
- Before removing any component of the exhaust system, always squirt a liquid rust dissolving agent onto the fasteners for ease of removal.
- Raise and support the front of the vehicle on jackstands and place a support under the catalytic converter.
- Remove the clamp at the front of the converter. then cut the pipe at the front of the converter.
- Remove the converter-to-intermediate pipe nuts/bolts.
- Disconnect the converter-to-crossover pipe or front pipe.
- Reverse to install.
- Use new clamps and nuts/bolts. Make sure to use all new gaskets if required. Assemble the system, then check the clearances and tighten all of the attachments.
- All clamps should be tightened to about 18-25 ft. lbs. (24-34 Nm). Do overtighten the clamps. If pipes become dented they can leak.