REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Fuel Injection systems remain under pressure, even after the engine has been turned OFF. The fuel system pressure must be relieved before disconnecting any fuel lines. Failure to do so may result in fire and/or personal injury.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly. Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the fuel lines.
- Remove the upper radiator hose.
- Disconnect the shift control cables, then remove the bracket.
- Detach the electrical connectors.
- Unfasten the heat shield.
- Remove the crossover pipe nuts, then remove the crossover pipe.
- Attach the new crossover pipe to the vehicle, then tighten the mounting nuts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Attach the heat shield.
- Connect the electrical harness to the vehicle.
- Install the shift control cables and bracket in their proper locations.
- Attach the upper radiator hose.
- Connect the fuel lines that were detached.
- Install the air cleaner assembly.
- Refill the cooling system.
- Start the engine. Fill the cooling system, then check for exhaust and cooling leaks.