REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Before removing any component of the exhaust system, always squirt a liquid rust dissolving agent onto the fasteners for ease of removal.
- Raise and support the front of the vehicle.
- Support the exhaust system.
- Disconnect the intermediate pipe from the catalytic converter. If the pipe is original you may have to cut the pipe from the catalytic converter.
- At the muffler, remove the clamp and the intermediate pipe.
- Use a new clamp, nuts and bolts, then assemble the system. Be sure to use all new gaskets when required. Check the clearances, then tighten the connectors.
- All clamps should be tightened to about 18-25 ft. lbs. (24-34 Nm). Do overtighten the clamps. If pipes become dented they can leak.