REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Before removing any component of the exhaust system, always squirt a liquid rust dissolving agent onto the fasteners for ease of removal.
- Raise and support the vehicle on jackstands.
- On the single pipe system, cut the exhaust pipe near the front of the muffler. On the dual pipe system, remove the U-bolt clamp at the front of the muffler and disengage the muffler from the exhaust pipe.
Before cutting the exhaust pipe, measure the service muffler exhaust pipe extension and make certain to allow 11/2in. (38mm) for the exhaust pipe-to-muffler extension engagement.
- At the rear of the muffler, remove the U-bolt clamp and disengage the muffler from the tailpipe.
- Remove the tailpipe clamps and the tailpipe.
- Inspect the muffler and the tailpipe hangers, replace if necessary.
- Always use all new gaskets if required when installing an exhaust system.
- Assemble the system. Check the clearances, then tighten all of the attachments.
- All clamps should be tightened to about 18-25 ft. lbs. (24-34 Nm). Do overtighten the clamps. If pipes become dented they can leak.