REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise the hood. Install protective coverings over the fenders, to prevent damage to the paint and moldings.
- Disconnect the underhood lamp wire.
- Matchmark the position of the hinge on the hood to aid in alignment when hood is reinstalled.
- With the hood supported, remove the hinge-to-hood screws on each side of the hood.
- Remove the hood.
- Align the hood with the marks made during removal.
- Install the hood-to-hinge screws on each side of the hood, then tighten to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Connect the underhood lamp wire.
- Close the hood, then inspect for proper alignment. If not aligned properly, open the hood and repeat the previous tightening sequence.
See Figure 3
Fore-and-aft adjustment can be made at the hinge-to-hood attaching screws. Vertical adjustment at the front can be made by adjusting the rubber bumpers up or down.