REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
Do not attempt to remove or loosen the gas supports with the liftgate in any position other than fully open. This could cause personal injury.
- Open and support the liftgate in the full open position.
- Remove the lid and body side retaining clips from the ends of the gas support assemblies.
- Disengage the attachment at each end of the gas supports, then remove them from the body.
- On styles with heated glass or rear wiper-washer system, disconnect the wiring harness and hose from the washer assembly. Remove the washer nozzle if needed.
- Remove the clip tabs and the drive pin which go through the hinge. Using a 5 / 32 in. (4mm) diameter rod, place the end of the rod against the pointed end of the hinge pin, then strike rod firmly to shear retaining clip tabs and drive pin through hinge. Repeat this operation on the opposite side hinge, then with the aid of a helper, remove the liftgate from the body.
- Before installing the liftgate/hatch, inspect the weatherstrip for any deterioration, replace if necessary.
- Prior to installing hinge pins, install new retaining clips in notches provided in hinge pins. Position retaining clips so that tabs point toward head of pin.
- Reinstall the pins to the hinge.
- Install the wire harness, hose, and nozzle for models with heated glass and rear wiper assemblies.
- Replace the gas shock assemblies, insert the retaining clips. Install the connectors to the gas support (pivot glass only).
- Close the liftgate or pivot glass.