REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Prop the lid open, then place a protective covering along the edges of the rear compartment opening, this will prevent damage to the painted areas.
- Where necessary, disconnect the wiring harness from the lid.
- Matchmark the location of the hinge strap attaching bolts to lid.
- While a helper supports the lid, remove the hinge to lid bolts and remove the lid.
- Before installing the trunk lid, inspect the weatherstrip for any deterioration, replace if necessary.
- With an assistant, replace the lid into position. Install the bolts for mounting.
- Tighten the hinge-to-lid attaching bolts 18-20 ft. lbs. (25-27 Nm).
- Replace the wire harness, remove the prop, close the lid.
- Inspect the lid for proper alignment. If not, open the lid, then loosen the bolts and tighten, repeat until the lid is aligned.
Fore and aft adjustment of the lid assembly is controlled by the hinge-to-lid attaching bolts. To adjust the lid, loosen the hinge-to-lid attaching bolts and shift the lid to the desired position; then tighten the bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).