REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and support the vehicle on jackstands.
- Matchmark the stabilizer bar to the mounting bracket for installation.
- Remove the two nuts attaching the clamps for the stabilizer bar to the lower control arms. Do not remove the studs from the control arm.
- Remove the bolts which attach the retaining plates to the engine cradle on both sides. The retaining plate covers and holds the stabilizer bar.
- Disconnect and remove the exhaust pipe and crossover if necessary.
- Pull the stabilizer bar down and remove, then remove the insulators.
- Install the insulators to the ends of the stabilizer bar.
- Align the stabilizer bar to the matchmarks and attach the stabilizer to the frame.
To aid in stabilizer bar installation, a pry hole has been provided in the engine cradle.
- Install the reinforcements to each side at the frame, then tighten the reinforcement bolts to 40 ft. lbs. (55 Nm).
- Secure the insulator clamps to the control arms and tighten the attaching nuts to 32 ft. lbs. (43 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.