REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
This procedure is applicable for vehicles, with or without air conditioning.
- Disconnect the negative cable at the battery.
- On the 3.1L (VIN M) you will need to remove the serpentine belt and move the alternator aside. See Engine & Engine Overhaul for removal and installation.
- For the 2.2L (VIN 4), disconnect the air inlet resonator, then remove the torque strut from the engine. Rotate the engine slightly forward.
- Working inside the engine compartment, disconnect the blower motor electrical leads.
- Remove the motor retaining bolts. If there is a hose disconnect it, then remove the blower motor.
- Position the blower motor on it's mount.
- Install the mounting bolts and tighten until snug.
- Attach the drain hose if removed, then engage the electrical connection to the motor.
- On the 2.2L (VIN 4), properly position the engine and install the torque strut to the engine. Connect the air inlet resonator.
- On the 3.1L (VIN M), install the alternator, if removed. Install the serpentine belt.
- Connect the negative battery cable, tighten the cable bolt to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Reset the radio, clock and any other applicable electronic devices.