REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Some vehicles are equipped with the Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) system. This system must be disabled before performing service on or around the air bag, instrument panel components, wiring and sensors. Failure to follow safety and disabling procedures could result in accidental air bag deployment, possible personal injury and unnecessary air bag system repairs.
- Disable the SIR system if equipped.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the steering wheel. Remove the trim cover.
- Remove the turn signal switch assembly.
- Remove the ignition switch stud and screw. Remove the ignition switch.
- Remove the dimmer switch actuator rod by sliding it from the switch assembly.
- Remove the dimmer switch bolts and remove the dimmer switch.
- Install the dimmer switch and attaching bolts.
- Install the dimmer switch actuator rod by sliding it into the switch assembly.
- Adjust the dimmer switch by depressing the switch slightly and inserting a 3 / 32 in. (2mm) drill bit into the adjusting hole. Push the switch up to remove any play and tighten the dimmer switch adjusting screw.
- Install the ignition switch, stud and screw.
- Install the turn signal switch assembly.
- Install the trim cover. Install the steering wheel.
- Connect the battery negative cable.
- Enable the SIR system.
- Reset the radio, clock and any other accessories.