REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise door window. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove door trim panel and inner panel water deflector.
- Disengage the inside lock rod, the inside handle-to-lock rod, lock cylinder-to-lock rod and the power lock actuator rod (power locks only) from the lock assembly.
- On some models, remove the screw holding the door ajar switch-to-lock, then disconnect the connector from the lock.
- Remove the lock screws, then lower the lock to disengage the outside handle-to-lock rod. Remove the lock from the door.
- Align the lock cylinder gasket.
Black lock cylinders should be lubricated with a light oil, all others should use a multi-purpose grease.
- First install the spring clips to the lock assembly, then install the lock into the door.
- Install the lock screws, lower lock-to-outside handle, and the lock rod. Tighten the screws to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
Install the following rods at the lock assembly, check the rod clips for any weak points or breakage, replace if needed:
- The power lock actuator rod, for power locks only.
- The lock cylinder to the lock rod.
- The handle to the lock rod.
- Install the inside locking rod.
- Attach the water deflector. Connect the negative battery cable, reset the clock and radio.