REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove all door inside handles.
- Remove door inside locking rod knob.
- Remove screws inserted through door armrest and pull handle assembly into door inner panel or armrest hanger support bracket.
- On styles with remote control mirror assemblies, remove the remote mirror escutcheons and disengage the end of the mirror control cable.
- On styles with power window controls located in the door trim assembly, disconnect the wire harness at the switch assembly.
- Remove the remote control handle escutcheons screws.
- On styles with integral armrests, remove the screws inserted through the pull cup into the armrest hanger support.
- Remove screws and plastic retainers from the perimeter of the door trim pad using tool BT-7323A or equivalent and a screwdriver. To remove the door trim panel, push trim upward and outboard to disengage it from the door inner panel at the belt line.
- On styles with courtesy lamps located in the lower area of the trim panel, disconnect the wiring harness at the lamp assembly.
Before installing the door trim panel, check that all trim retainers are securely installed to the panel and are not damaged. Replace damaged retainers as required.
- Connect electrical components where present.
- To install the door trim panel, pull door inside handle inward; then position the trim panel to the inner panel, inserting door handle through hole in panel.
- Position the trim panel to the door inner panel so trim retainers are aligned with the attaching holes in the panel and tap the retainers into the holes with a clean rubber mallet.
- Install the armrest into the inner panel or armrest hanger support brackets. Assemble the locking rod knob, then all inner door handles.
- Connect the negative battery cable, reset the clock and radio.