REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the dome lamp, courtesy lamp, coat hooks and sunvisors. On wagons remove the rear courtesy lamp.
- Remove the quarter upper trim finishing panels using tool J-24595-C.
- Remove the rear seat roof mounted shoulder belt retainers, as needed.
- Remove the windshield pillar upper side roof rail and garnish moldings.
- Remove the headlining hook and loop strips along the front and on the rear using tool J-2772-C.
- Remove the push-in retainers. On wagons, remove the retainers from the rear of the headliner.
- Remove the assembly through the right front door opening.
- Care must be taken not to overflex the new liner when installing. Load the rear portion of the lining diagonally through the right front door opening.
- Align the headlining with holes for the sunvisors and the interior lamps. Press into place, along the areas with hook and loop strips.
- Install the retainers and the push-in retainers, to the rear of the headlining, on wagons.
- Install the sunvisors and the interior lamps.
- Install the windshield pillar upper and side roof rail garnish moldings.
- Install the rear shoulder belt retainers, on the wagon, if needed.
- Install the quarter trim finishing panels.
- Install the coat hooks.
- Make certain no wires for the lamps are pinched or installed incorrectly.
- Connect the negative battery cable, then reset the clock and radio.