REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the window. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the door trim panel and water deflector.
- Locate the rivets holding the actuator. Drive out the rivets center pins, then drill out the rivets using a 1 / 4 in. (6mm) drill bit.
Some vehicle's door lock actuators are retained with3/16in. rivets and will require the use of a3/16in. drill bit.
- Remove the actuator from the lock rod.
- Disconnect the actuator electrical connector and remove the actuator from the door.
- Fit the actuator through the door access hole and install the actuator to the lock rod.
- Fasten the actuator to the inner panel using 1 / 4 x 1 / 2 in. aluminum peel type rivets. If rivets are not available, install U-clips on the regulator at the metal retainer locations. Be certain to install the clips with the clinch nuts on the outboard side of the retainers.
- Reconnect the electrical connector to the actuator.
- Install the door trim panel and water deflector, as required.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable, then reset the clock and radio.