REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Position the seat in the full forward position. If the car is equipped with six-way power seats, place the seat in the full forward and up position. When necessary to gain access to the adjuster-to-floor pan attaching nuts, remove the adjuster rear foot covers and or carpet retainers.
- Remove the track covers where necessary, then remove the adjuster-to-floor pan rear attaching nuts. Position the seat in the full rearward position.
- Remove the adjuster front foot covers, then remove the adjuster to floor pan front attaching nuts. Tilt the seat rearward and disconnect the feed wire connector.
- Remove the seat assembly from the car.
- Reinstall the seat into the car, then connect the wire connection.
- Attach the seat with the adjuster-to-floor pan front nuts, then tighten the nuts to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Position the seat in the full forward and up position, then attach the adjuster-to-floor pan rear nuts. Tighten the nuts to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Reinstall the track covers, if removed.
- Install the rear foot covers and the carpet retainers, if they were removed.
Inspect both seat adjusters making sure they are parallel and in phase with each other. This is where one adjuster reaches its maximum horizontal or vertical travel in a given direction, before the other adjuster. In the event they are out of phase.
- Check the operation of the seat assembly for a full limit of travel.
See Figures 4 and 5
- Push the lower forward edge of the seat cushion rearward.
- Lift upward and pull forward on the seat cushion frame to disengage the cushion frame wires from the retainers on the rear seat pan.
- Remove the lower seat cushion from the vehicle.
- At the bottom of the seatback, remove the anchor bolts securing the rear seat wire retainers.
- Grasp the bottom of the seatback and swing toward to disengage the offsets on the upper frame bar from the hangers.
- Lift the seatback upward and remove from vehicle.
- Install the seat back into the car, make sure to have the seat belts on the outer sides of the seat, so they are exposed for use.
- Install the offsets to the hangers.
- Secure all the anchor bolts, then tighten to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- To install the rear seat cushion assembly, first pull the seat belts up so they will be exposed when the seat cushion is seated, then press down and rearward.
- Remove the screws from the top side of the cushion.
- Pull the top of the cushion outward and upward to remove.
- Be sure to slot the lower rear of the cushion correctly into the back panel.
- Install the cushion, then secure with the mounting screws.
- Place the folding seatback into the down position, lift up the front flap of the carpet that covers the lower seatback.
- Remove the cover(s) from the quarter inner trim panel(s).
- Remove the bolt(s) from the seatback support.
- Separate the split seatback by lifting forward and outwards.
- It may be necessary to loosen and realign the second seatback striker(s). Tighten the striker(s) to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Install the split seatback to the car, then install the bolts to the supports. Tighten the bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Reinstall the covers to the quarter inner trim panels.
- Install the carpet over the lower seatback.