REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Remove the headlamp trim panel attaching screws.
- Remove the headlamp bulb retaining screws. Do not touch the two headlamp aiming screws, (at the top and side of the retaining ring), or the headlamp aim will have to be readjusted.
- Using a screwdriver, remove the retaining ring screws.
- Pull the bulb and ring forward then separate them. Unplug the electrical connector from the rear of the bulb.
- Plug the new bulb into the electrical connector.
- Install the bulb into the retaining ring and install the ring and bulb.
- Install the trim panel.
- Open the hood.
- Turn the bulb assembly counterclockwise 1 / 6 turn, pressing in firmly, until the flanges align with the slots in the retainer ring.
- Pull out the bulb assembly. You may have to rock it up and down slightly to loosen it.
- Disconnect the bulb base from the harness by lifting the plastic locking tab.
- Snap a new bulb into the wiring harness. Make sure the locking tab is over the lock.
- Install the bulb assembly by putting the small tab in the small notch in the retainer ring.
- Turn the bulb assembly 1 / 6 turn clockwise to lock it in place.
See Figure 6
The head lamps should be aimed using a special alignment tool, however this procedure may be used for temporary adjustment. Local regulations may vary regarding head lamp aiming, consult with your local authorities.
- Verify the tires are at their proper inflation pressure. Clean the head lamp lenses and make sure there are no heavy loads in the trunk. The gas tank should be filled.
- Position the vehicle on a level surface facing a flat wall 25 ft. (7.7 m) away.
- Measure and record the distance from the floor to the center of the head lamp. Place a strip of tape across the wall at this same height.
- Place strips of tape on the wall, perpendicular to the first measurement, indicating the vehicle centerline and the centerline of both head lamps.
- Rock the vehicle side-to-side a few times to allow the suspension to stabilize.
- Turn the lights on, adjust the head lamps to achieve a high intensity pattern.