REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The cold start valve (not controlled by the ECM/PCM) provides additional fuel during the starting mode to improve cold start ups.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the IAC pipe and the engine mount strut brace.
- Remove the fuel line from the fuel rail, the electrical connector from the valve and the valve retaining bolt.
- Pull the cold start valve from the fuel rail.
- Clean the areas around the valve and the connection with a suitable cleaner.
- Remove the valve from the tube and body assembly, then bend the tab back to permit unscrewing of the valve.
- Coat the O-ring seals with engine oil, then install the new valve O-ring seal and body O-ring seal on the cold start valve.
- Install the tube O-ring seal on the tube and body assembly. Insert the cold start valve into the body assembly.
Cold Start Valve Assembly
This procedure is to be performed ONLY when installing the Cold Start Valve Assembly.
- Turn the cold start valve completely into the body, until it seats.
- Back out the valve one complete turn, until the electrical connector is at the top.
- Bend the body tang forward to limit the rotation to less than a full turn.
- Coat the new O-ring with engine oil and install it into the fuel rail.