REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Relieve fuel system pressure.
- Remove the intake plenum and, if equipped, remove the runners.
- Remove the fuel rail assembly.
- Disconnect the injectors electrical connections.
- Rotate the injector retaining clip to the release position, discard the clip.
- Remove the injector from the fuel rail assembly.
- Remove the O-rings from both ends of the injector and discard. Save the injector O-ring backups for use on assembly.
When replacing fuel injectors, be sure the new injector is the same part number as the one removed from the engine.
- Install the injector backups, then lubricate new injector O-rings with engine oil and install on the injectors.
- Put the new injector retainer clip on the injector. Position the open end of the clip facing the injector electrical connector.
- Install injector into fuel rail injector socket with the electrical connectors facing out.
- Rotate the injector clip to the locked position.
- Make sure all electrical connections are intact.
- Install the fuel rail assembly.
- Check for fuel leaks by performing the following:
- Install the plenum assembly.
- Tighten the fuel filler cap.
- Connect the negative battery cable.