The fuel pressure release fitting is located at the top rear of the fuel injection rail. Use of a fuel pressure gauge, J-34730-1 or an equivalent.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable to avoid possible fuel discharge.
- Loosen the fuel filler cap to relieve the pressure.
- Connect a fuel pressure gauge to the pressure valve, wrap a towel around the fitting while connecting a gauge to avoid spillage.
- Install a bleed hose into an approved unbreakable container, then open the valve to bleed the pressure.
- Drain any excess fuel in the gauge into the container.