The throttle body is located at the front of the engine and is attached to the intake plenum.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- On MFI systems drain the coolant from the cooling system until the level is below the throttle body.
- Remove the air inlet duct, the vacuum hoses and the coolant hoses from the throttle body.
- Disconnect the accelerator and cruise control (if equipped) cables.
- Remove the Idle Air Control (IAC) and the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) electrical connectors from the throttle body.
- Remove the nuts holding the throttle body to the upper intake manifold assembly.
- Remove the throttle body and flange gasket, clean the gasket areas thoroughly.
- Install a new flange gasket, then mount the throttle body assembly onto the intake manifold.
- Install the retaining nuts, then tighten to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Reinstall the coolant hose to the throttle body of the MFI system.
- Attach all the control cables, then make adjustments accordingly.
- Install the vacuum hoses and sensors, then attach the electrical connections to the sensors.
- Install the air inlet duct. Connect the negative battery cable.
- Add coolant to the system.
Reset the IAC pintle position:
- Turn the ignition ON .
- Ground the engine diagnostic lead for about five seconds.
- Start the engine and check for proper idle and leaks.