See Figure 1
Air lines used on the ERC system can be repaired by splicing in a coupling at the leaking area.
- Inflate the system to 100 psi (600 kPa).
- Locate the leaking area using a sop and water solution or a stethoscope.
- Deflate the system.
- Cut and remove the leaking line section.
Splice the replacement line to the existing line.
- Remove the plastic retainer pin from one of the nuts and slide the replacement line into the nut until it bottoms in the rubber seal.
- While holding the line in the position described in the previous step, tighten the nut to 70 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Attach the original line to the other end of the coupling as in steps a and b.
- Using a tie strap, secure the line to the vehicle in a location where it will not be pinched or contact the exhaust system.
- Reinflate the system and check for leaks.