REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Loosen the toe link sleeve outer tab nut and bolt.
- Remove the cotter pin and castellated nut from the outer toe link end.
- Disconnect the parking brake cable from the bracket. Remove the outer toe link end from the lower strut mount assembly using the ball joint stud remover J-37619 or an equivalent. Remove one parking brake bracket bolt and loosen the other. Swing the bracket out of the way to allow installation of tool J-37619.
- Remove the outer toe link from the toe link sleeve.
- Insert the outer toe link to the toe link sleeve. Install the outer end into the lower strut mount.
- Put the castellated nut onto the outer toe link end at the lower strut mount, then tighten the nut to 46 ft. lbs. (62 Nm). Insert a new cotter pin to the outer toe link end.
- Tighten the parking brake bracket bolts and route the cable into the bracket.
- Adjust the rear wheel alignment as necessary, then tighten the tow link sleeve outer tab nut and bolt to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.