REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise the vehicle on a hoist and support the rear axle.
- On some models it may be necessary to remove the right hand lower shock bolt, then swing the shock aside.
- On wagons it will be necessary to remove the track bar brace.
- Remove the nut and bolt from both the axle and body attachments, then remove the bar.
- Position the track bar at the axle mounting bracket and loosely install the bolt and nut.
- Place the other end of the track bar into the body reinforcement and install the bolt and nut. Tighten the nut at the axle bracket to 44 ft. lbs. (60 Nm) for 1982-92 and 53 ft. lbs. (72 Nm) for 1993-96. Tighten the nut at the body reinforcement to 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm) for 1982-92 and 53 ft. lbs. (72 Nm) for 1993-96.
- Remove the rear axle support and lower the vehicle.