REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
Removal of the wiper arms requires the use of special tool, GM J-8966 or its equivalent prytool. Versions of this tool are generally available in auto parts stores.
- Lift the wiper arm from the window, then insert the tool under the wiper arm. Lever the arm off the transmission drive shaft. Use care not to damage the paint on the vehicle.
- Remove the wiper blade from the arm.
- Install the wiper blade onto the arm.
- Position the wiper arm on the wiper motor drive shaft so that the blade assembly rests in the proper park position.
- Press down on the wiper arm until it is fully seated on the drive shaft. The same special tool for removal can be used for installation.