REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the wiper arm assembly from the wiper motor drive shaft.
- Remove the nut and washer from the wiper motor drive shaft.
- Unfasten the liftgate glass opening upper finish molding.
- Remove the electrical harness from the motor.
- Remove the two screws, then guide the motor out of the tailgate recess.
When fasteners are removed always reinstall them at the same location from which they were removed. If a fastener need replacing, always use the same fastener, or one of equal size and/or stronger that the original. If these conditions are not followed, parts or system damage could occur.
- Install the wiper motor in the recess of the tailgate.
- Tighten the two screws to 53 inch lbs. (6 Nm).
- Apply the washer and nut to the wiper shaft, then tighten to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
- Connect the electrical harness to the motor assembly.
- Install the liftgate glass upper molding.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Tighten the cable bolt to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Attach the wiper arm to the motor drive shaft.
- Reset the radio, clock, etc. as necessary.