REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the wiper arms.
- Remove the shroud top vent grille.
- Loosen (but do not remove) the drive link-to-crank arm attaching nuts.
- Loosen the two nuts, then separate the transmission drive link from the wiper motor crank arm using tool J-39232 or equivalent.
- Unscrew the linkage-to-cowl panel retaining screws and remove the linkage by guiding it through the access hole in the shroud upper panel.
- Some models you will need to unsnap the two water deflectors from the transmission assembly.
- Attach the two water deflectors over the position marks on the transmission, then snap closed to secure.
- Insert the transmission assembly by positioning it in the plenum chamber through the panel openings.
- Install the screws loosely.
- Connect the transmission drive link socket to the wiper motor crank arm ball using tool J-39529 or equivalent. Tighten the nuts to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
- Align the transmission assembly, then tighten the screws to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Attach the cowl panel.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Tighten the cable bolt to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Install the wiper arm assembly, check for operation, adjust the blades if needed.
- Reset the radio and clock.