The Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) in the EBCM memory are erased in one of two ways:
- Using a scan tool such as GM's Tech 1®, or equivalent.
- Ignition cycle default.
These two methods are detailed below. Be sure to verify proper system operation and absence of DTCs when the clearing procedure is completed.
The EBCM will not permit DTC clearing until all of DTCs have been displayed. Also, DTCs cannot be cleared by unplugging the EBCM, disconnecting the battery cables, or turning the ignition OFF (except on an ignition cycle default).
SCAN TOOL METHOD
- Select DTCs for diagnostic trouble codes.
- After DTCs have been viewed completely, the Scan Tools should ask CLEAR DTCs-
- Enter YES.
- The Scan Tool should then read, HISTORY DATA WILL BE LOST CLEAR DTCs-
- Enter YES and the DTCs will be cleared.
IGNITION CYCLE DEFAULT
If no diagnostic trouble codes occur for 100 drive cycles (a drive cycle occurs when the ignition switch is turned RUN , and the vehicle is driven faster then 10 mph (16 km/h), any existing DTCs are automatically cleared from the EBCM memory.