REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the hood.
- Disconnect the underhood lamp, if equipped.
- If the same hood is to be reinstalled, mark the upper hood hinge location to the hood with a grease pencil.
- With an assistant, remove the bolts from the upper hood hinge.
- With an assistant, remove the hood from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal process. With an assistant, place the hood on the vehicle and align the hood hinges with the marks made at removal. Tighten the hinge bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Adjust the hood alignment.
The hood hinges are bolted to the fender and the hood. Fore/aft adjustment may be made by elongating the hood-side hinge holes. Vertical adjustment at the front may be made by adjusting the hood bumpers up or down. Gap tolerances are 0.10-0.22 inch (2.0-6.0mm) and flush tolerances are 0-6 inch (0-2.0mm).
- Open the hood.
- Loosen the hinge-to-hood bolts.
- Adjust the hood to the fender position.
- Close the hood and check the alignment.
- Open the hood and adjust the hood as needed.
- When satisfied with the hood alignment, tighten the hinge bolt.
- Adjust the hood bumpers up or down as required.