REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
It is good practice, when removing body panels, to apply tape to the corners of the panel and/or cover the adjacent surfaces to help prevent paint damage.
- Open the trunk lid (GM calls it the Rear Compartment Lid).
- Place protective coverings over adjacent body panels.
- Detach all electrical connectors, as required.
- If the same trunk lid is to be reinstalled, mark the upper trunk lid hinge location to the lid with a grease pencil.
- With an assistant, remove the bolts from the upper trunk lid hinge.
- With an assistant, remove the trunk lid from the vehicle.
- If the spoiler (if equipped) is to be replaced, remove the nuts from the spoiler mounting studs and lift the spoiler from the trunk lid.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal process. With an assistant, place the trunk lid on the vehicle and align the lid hinges with the marks made at removal. Tighten the hinge bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Connect all electrical harnesses and make sure all the body side weather-stripping is in place.
- Remove the protective coverings and close the trunk lid.
- Adjust the trunk lid alignment, as required. Inspect the trunk lid for damage and the hinges for wear.
- There should be a height adjustment bumper at the front of the hinge. An Allen® wrench is used for the adjustment.