REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
When the brake pedal is in the fully released position, the stop light switch plunger should be fully depressed against the pedal arm. The switch is adjusted by moving it in or out, as necessary to actuate the plunger and properly operate the brake lights.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the brake light switch electrical connector(s).
- Withdraw the switch from the bracket.
- Make sure that the tubular clip is in the brake pedal mounting bracket.
- Depress the brake pedal and insert the switch into the tubular clip until it seats on the clip.
- Pull the brake pedal fully rearward, against the pedal stop, until clicking sounds can no longer be heard. The clicks indicate that the switch is adjusting itself in the bracket by moving outward in the tubular retaining clip.
- Release the brake pedal, then pull the pedal rearward again to assure that the adjustment is complete.
- Engage the switch electrical connector.
- Connect the negative battery cable, then verify proper switch operation.