FLOAT LEVEL ADJUSTMENT
- Push down on the end of the float arm and against the top of the float needle to hold the retaining pin firmly in place.
- While holding the position of the retaining pin, gauge from the top of the casting to the top of the index point at the toe of the float.
- If float level needs to be changed do it by bending the float arm just on the float side of the float needle.
FAST IDLE ADJUSTMENT
- If the carburetor has a stepped fast idle cam, put the cam follower on the high step of the cam. If the cam has a smooth contour, open the throttle slightly and rotate the cam to its highest position, then release throttle.
- Support the lever with a pair of pliers, and bend the tang in or out to achieve specified rpm. Perform the adjustment with the engine hot and the choke open.
CHOKE COIL LEVER ADJUSTMENT
This adjustment requires a plug gauge or other metal rod of 0.120 in. (3.048mm) diameter.
- Place the fast idle cam follower on the highest step of the cam or rotate the cam to its highest possible position. Close the choke all the way and hold.
- Insert the plug gauge through the small hole in the out end of the choke lever. Bend the link at the lowest point of the curved portion until the gauge will enter the hole in the carburetor casting.
- Place the fast idle cam follower on the high step of the cam or rotate the cam until it is at the highest position.
- Slightly loosen the three screws which retain the choke cover just enough to turn the cover. Don't loosen them more than necessary, or the lever may slip out of the tang inside.
- Turn the cover until the mark on the cover lines up with the appropriate mark on the choke housing. See specifications.
METERING ROD ADJUSTMENT
- Hold the throttle wide open. Push downward on the metering rod until it can be slid out of the slot in the holder. Slide the rod out of the holder and remove it from the main metering jet.
- Back out the solenoid hex screw until the throttle can be closed all the way.
- Remove the float bowl gasket.
- Holding power piston down and throttle closed, swing the metering rod holder over the flat surface of the bowl casting next to the throttle bore. Measure the distance from the float surface to the outer end of the rod holder with the specified gauge (see specifications), or a metal rod of equivalent diameter.
- Bend the horizontal portion of the rod holder where is joins the vertical portion until the gauge just passes between the holder and surface of the bowl casting with power piston bottomed.