These procedures are for both the 1 1 / 4 and 1 1 / 2 models; where there are differences these are noted. The 1 1 / 2 model has larger throttle bores and an additional fuel feed circuit to make it suitable for use on the 350 V8 engines.
FAST IDLE ADJUSTMENT
On 2GC and 2GV models the fast idle is set automatically when the curb idle and mixture is set.
FAST IDLE CAM ADJUSTMENT
See Figure 1
- Turn the idle screw onto the second step of the fast idle cam, abutting against the top step.
- Hold the choke valve toward the closed position and check the clearance between the upper edge of the choke valve and the air horn wall.
- If this measurement varies from specifications, bend the tang on the choke lever.
CHOKE UNLOADER ADJUSTMENT
- Hold the throttle valves wide open and use a rubber band to hold the choke valve toward the closed position.
- Measure the distance between the upper edge of the choke valve and the air horn wall.
- If this measurement is not within specifications, bend the unloader tang on the throttle lever to correct it.
ACCELERATOR PUMP ROD ADJUSTMENT
See Figure 2
- Back out the idle stop screw and close the throttle valves in their bores.
- Measure the distance from the top of the air horn to the top of the pump rod.
- Bend the pump rod at angle to correct this dimension.
FLOAT LEVEL ADJUSTMENT
See Figure 3
Invert the air horn and, with the gasket in place and the needle seated, measure the level as follows:
FLOAT DROP ADJUSTMENT
See Figure 4
Holding the air horn right side up, measure float drop as follows: