REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The ring gear is an integral part of the flywheel and is not replaceable.
- Remove the transmission assembly from the vehicle.
- Remove the six bolts attaching the flywheel to the crankshaft flange, then remove the flywheel.
- Inspect the flywheel for cracks, and inspect the ring gear for burrs or worn teeth. Replace the flywheel if any damage is apparent. Remove burrs with a mill file.
- Install the flywheel. The flywheel will only attach to the crankshaft in one position, as the bolt holes are unevenly spaced. Install the bolts and torque to specification using a criss-cross pattern.
- Install the transmission assembly to the vehicle.