REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and drain the engine cooling system.
- As necessary, remove the fan, the upper fan shroud and/or the upper support.
If the fan is removed on vehicle equipped with a clutch type fan, be sure to keep it in an upright position to prevent the fluid from leaking.
- Disconnect upper and lower hoses.
- If equipped with an automatic transmission, disconnect and plug the oil cooler lines. The lines should be plugged to prevent system contamination or excessive fluid loss.
- Lift radiator straight up and out of the vehicle.
- Carefully lower the radiator into the vehicle, making sure the lower cradles are properly located.
- If equipped with an automatic transmission, remove the plugs and reconnect the cooler lines.
- Connect the upper and lower hoses.
- If removed, install the cooling fan, upper fan shroud and/or upper support.
- Connect the negative battery cable and properly refill the engine cooling system.
- Start and run the engine, then check for leaks.
- If equipped, check and add automatic transmission fluid, as necessary.