REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the rear of the vehicle safely using jackstands.
Make sure the rear axle assembly is supported safely.
- Disconnect the shock absorbers from the axle.
- Matchmark the driveshaft and pinion flange, then disconnect the drive shaft and remove or support out of the way.
- Remove the brake line junction block bolt at the axle housing. If necessary disconnect the brake lines at the junction block and plug the openings.
- Disconnect the upper control arms from the axle housing.
- Lower the rear axle assembly sufficiently and remove the springs.
- Remove the rear wheels and drums.
- With the aid of an assistant, carefully continue lowering the rear axle assembly and remove it from the vehicle.
- With the aid of an assistant, carefully raise the axle assembly using a suitable jack or hoist and install the springs.
- Reconnect the upper and lower control arms.
- Remove the caps and connect the brake lines and or the junction block.
- Align and install the driveshaft assembly.
- Connect the shock absorbers to the axle carrier.
- Install the brake drums and wheels.
- If the lines were disconnected, properly bleed the hydraulic brake system.
- Remove the jackstands and carefully lower the vehicle.