REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the 2 solenoid electrical connectors and the fluid level sensor connector.
- Unplug the 6-pin and 3-pin motor pack electrical connectors.
- Wrap a shop towel around the hydraulic brake lines and disconnect the 4 brake lines from the modulator.
Cap the disconnected lines to prevent the loss of fluid and the entry of moisture and contaminants.
- Remove the 2 nuts attaching the ABS hydraulic modulator assembly to the vacuum booster.
- Remove the ABS hydraulic modulator assembly from the vehicle.
- Install the ABS hydraulic modulator assembly to the vehicle. Install the 2 attaching nuts and tighten to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Uncap and connect the 4 brake pipes to the modulator assembly. Tighten to 13 ft. lbs. (17 Nm).
- Attach the 6-pin and 3-pin electrical connectors and the fluid level sensor connector.
- Properly bleed the brake system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.