The transaxle has only one band, with no provision for periodic adjustment. Throttle valve cable, Park/Lock cable and back-up light switch adjustments are found below. Pan removal, fluid and filter changes are covered in Routine Maintenance .
THROTTLE VALVE (TV) CABLE ADJUSTMENT
See Figure 1
Setting of the TV cable must be done by rotating the throttle lever at the carburetor or throttle body. Do not use the accelerator pedal to rotate the throttle lever.
- With the engine off, depress and hold the reset tab at the engine end of the TV cable.
- Move the slider until it stops against the fitting.
- Release the rest tab.
- Rotate the throttle lever to its full travel.
- The slider must move (ratchet) toward the lever when the lever is rotated to its full travel position.
- Recheck after the engine is hot and road test the vehicle.
PARK/LOCK CABLE ADJUSTMENT
See Figures 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Place the floor shift lever in the PARK position.
- Turn the column lock cylinder to the LOCK position.
- Unseat the body housing lock from the body housing.
- With the body housing still attached to the shift control mounting bracket, adjust the outer cable conduit to obtain proper location for the white plastic housing in the ignition switch.
- There must be no gap between the metal terminal stop and the protruding end of the white plastic collar.
- The white plastic collar must either be flush or recessed approximately 0.04 inch (1 mm) within the ignition park lock housing.
- While holding the outer cable conduit in position, seat the body housing lock in the body housing.
- Check for proper operation.