REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure as outlined earlier in this section.
- If not already done, disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the regulator.
- Place a rag under the connection, then remove the fuel return pipe clamp.
- Remove the fuel return pipe and O-ring from the regulator. Discard the O-ring.
- Unfasten the pressure regulator bracket attaching screw.
- Remove the pressure regulator assembly and O-ring. Discard the O-ring.
- Lubricate a new pressure regulator O-ring with clean engine oil, then install on the pressure regulator.
- Position the pressure regulator assembly onto the manifold.
- Coat the pressure regulator bracket attaching screw with the appropriate thread locking material, then install and tighten to 31 inch lbs. (3.5 Nm).
- Attach the vacuum hose to the regulator.
- Lubricate a new fuel return pipe O-ring with clean engine oil, then install on the end of the pipe.
- Connect the fuel return pipe to the pressure regulator and tighten the attaching nut to 22 inch lbs. (30 Nm).
- Install the fuel return pipe clamp attaching nut to the lower manifold assembly.
- Tighten the fuel filler cap.
- Connect the negative battery cable and turn the ignition ON for 2 seconds, OFF for 10 seconds, then ON and check for fuel leaks.