REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
It may be necessary to remove the reservoir in order to remove the proportioning valve. If the reservoir is removed, bleed the brake system when finished.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the proportioning valve cap on the master cylinder.
- Remove and discard the O-rings.
- Remove the springs, the proportioning valve pistons and the seals from the valves.
- Inspect the valves for corrosion or abnormal wear; to replace, if necessary.
- Clean all parts in denatured alcohol and dry them with compressed air before reassembling.
- To install, use new O-rings (coated with silicone grease) and reverse the removal procedures.
- Install the new seals on the pistons with the lip facing the cap. Tighten the caps to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Refill the reservoir and bleed the brake system.