REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Except 2.3L Engines
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
The inertia section of the crankshaft balancer is assembly to the hub with a rubber sleeve. Removal and installation MUST be performed with the proper tools and followed exactly to prevent movement of the inertia weight section of the hub causing the torsional damper tuning damage.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the right side front wheel and tire assembly. Remove the right splash shield.
- Remove the flywheel cover.
- Remove the balancer retaining bolt, with an assistant to keep the flywheel from turning.
- Install harmonic balancer removal tool J 24420-B or equivalent, installed on the balancer, turn the puller screw, then remove the balancer from the vehicle.